by Foodie #575025
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4053 times
Spicy balls made of moong beans, draped with spicy mixture, a delicious snack or starter.
- Wash and soak the moong in enough water for 2-3 hours.
- Drain adn blend in a mixer to a thick paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add 4 tbsp of the spicy mixture, salt, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and saute till the paste turns golden brown and oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the moong paste and saute for more 3 minutes or till the mixture becomes dry and thick enough.
- Put this batter in a plate and let it cool.
- Once cooled, make small-2 balls out of it.
- Now take another pan and heat 2-3 tbsp oil, crackle the hing and green chillies, add chopped onions and saute it until it turns pinkish.
- Add rest of the spicy mixture, a pinch of salt, turmeric powder, garam masala and keep on sauteing it until becomes golden and starts leaving oil in the pan.
- Add the balls to this mixture and mix them very carefully with light handed so that they should retain their shapes.
- Sprinkle the coriander over the balls and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #575025 on 22 Aug 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.