Moong Dal Sheera ( Know Your Dals and Pulses)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24317 times
For all the sheera lovers, this recipe is divine. It is coarse and sweet. It takes a long time to cook, but it’s worth the effort.
- Drain and grind the moong dal using 1 tbsp of water to a coarse paste and keep aside.
- Dissolve the saffron in 1 tbsp of warm milk and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick kadhai, add the moong dal paste and cook on a slow flame for 40 to 45 minutes or till it becomes golden brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the warm milk and 1 cup of warm water and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till all the liquid is absorbed, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, cook and cover on a slow flame for 15 to 17 minutes or till the ghee separates, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared saffron- milk mixture and cardamom powder, mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with almond and pistachio slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.