Mooli Subzi, Radish Dry Vegetable
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44721 times
You are sure to enjoy not just the flavour but also the unique mouth-feel of this radish-based dry subzi. Radish by itself is very aromatic and flavour-packed, so just a few spice powders are enough to enhance its flavour to an awesome range!
However, what makes this Mooli Subzi truly special is the way the spice powders are combined with besan and added to the semi-cooked vegetable. As the besan mixture cooks along with the radish whites and greens, it develops a deep flavour and aroma, as well as a unique texture, which is very pleasing to the palate. Follow the cooking times exactly as mentioned, to get the perfect texture.
Mooli Subzi and Bajra Roti make a great combo.
- Combine the besan, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, salt and 1 tbsp of oil in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and radish whites and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the radish greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Sprinkle the besan mixture evenly over it, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes. While stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.