Mooli Roti ( Zero Oil )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13516 times
A popular breakfast option in most north indian houses, theses parathas go well with a lot of subzis too. Here is an innovative version made with jowar flour and mashed potatoes, which help to make them soft.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft, smooth dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 100 mm (4") diameter.
- Place the roti on a non-stick tava (griddle). Turn over in a few seconds.
- Cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 4 more rotis.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.