by Tarla Dalal
Added to 71 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12518 times
Steamed radish dumplings make a delicious and nutritious snack. Radish is one vegetable that most of us ignore inspite of it being a very good source of calcium, vitamin A and C and fibre. This recipe is a delicious way to include this much-ignored vegetable in your diet. If you don't want to make these dumplings with radish, use grated bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki) instead.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead to make a batter-like soft dough.
- Divide into 3 equal parts and roll each portion into a cylindrical shape approximately 125 mm. (5") in length.
- Place on a greased steaming dish and steam for 10 to 12 minutes till firm.
- Remove, cool and cut into 25 mm. (1") thick slices.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida and sesame seeds.
- Add the sliced muthias and sauté over a low flame till they are lightly browned.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
Nutrient values per serving
|125 gm||342 gm||8.4 gm||33.2 gm||19.2 gm||946.2 mcg||19.1 mg||112.9 mg||2.4 mg||36.0 mcg||1.1 gm |
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.