Mooli Moong Dal ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11826 times
Mouth-watering and sumptuous, this Mooli Moong Dal combines radish whites and greens with moong dal, all of which is flavoured with a delectable masala paste.
This paste, made of a rich combination of ingredients, improves both the texture and the flavour of the Mooli Moong Dal, raising it to a class beyond ordinary dals.
This easy, Microwave -made accompaniment has a semi-solid consistency. If you wish to eat it later, you can add a little water before re-heating it to bring it back to the original consistency.
- Combine the yellow moong dal, radish, turmeric powder, salt and 1 cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl, mix well and cover with a microwave safe lid and microwave on high for 10 minutes, while stirring in between after every 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, coriander and ½ cup of water, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Put the ghee in another microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the cumin seeds, green chillies and ginger, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the tempering to the prepared dal, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.