Moghlai Aloo ( Desi Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 283 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15353 times
Moghlai aloo is a popular preparation of deep-fried or marinated baby potatoes in a spicy, creamy base. Moghlai cooking is known for its richness and elaborate masalas, and that is true of this recipe also. Like most moghlai recipes, here too the onions, poppy seeds and fresh cream play essential roles.
- Combine the curds, poppy seed paste and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the potatoes, mix lightly and keep aside to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the onions, cloves and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared masala paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the marinated potatoes and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, salt and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with puris, parathas or naans.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.