Mixed Vegetable Sagu
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88023 times
Mixed vegetable sagu is a popular dish that can be had in most parts of south india. This versatile side dish goes well with puris, dosas, aappam, and even rice! if in a hurry, you can whip it up in a jiffy using readymade sagu masala that is available from various brands in most supermarkets. For best results, ensure that the vegetables are cooked just right – they should neither be crunchy nor too mushy.
- Heat a small pan and dry roast the urad dal on a medium flame, while stirring continuously till it turns golden brown in colour. Keep aside.
- When cool, add all the other ingredients and blend in a mixer to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee/ oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, red chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves, mix well and sauté on a medium flame, while stirring continuously till the dal turns light brown in colour.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame, while stirring continuously till they turn translucent.
- Add the mixed vegetables, turmeric powder, salt and 1¼ cups of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 12 to 15 minutes or till the vegetables are tender, stirring once in between.
- Add the prepared powder masala, mix gently and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve hot garnished with fried cashewnuts.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||20.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.