Mixed Vegetable Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 456 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51214 times
Mixed vegetable paratha, a wholesome breakfast option of north india, which is so tasty that it does not even require a side dish! grab all the veggies you can find in your refrigerator and stuff it into this paratha. A sprinkling of spices improves the taste of this parathas, while a dollop of butter further enhances it flavours.
Add your private note
Mixed Vegetable Paratha recipe - How to make Mixed Vegetable Paratha
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 5 parathas
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough, using enough water. Cover and keep aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll out each portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little wheat flour.
- Cook each roti very lightly on a hot tava (griddle).
- Cover them with a muslin cloth and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the mixed vegetables and potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, green chillies, chilli powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool for a while.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a flat, dry surface, spread a portion of the stuffing on half of the roti and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with fresh curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.