Mixed Vegetable Handvo ( Non- Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 76 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69462 times
Mixed vegetable handvo, i made this instantly using fermented khatta dhokla batter; in fact any leftover batter can be used to make this handvo! i have added lots of vegetables as it tastes amazing this way. It is an ideal low-calorie, wholesome meal. Some like it with chutney and some along with tea. Try it once and i am sure it will become one of your favourite snacks.
- Combine the khatta dhokla batter, bottle gourd, spinach, onions, carrots, green peas, coriander, salt, sugar, soda bi-carb, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garlic and 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat ½ tsp of oil in a non-stick kadhai or pan and add ¼ tsp of mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add ¼ tsp of sesame seeds and ¼ tsp of asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Pour one portion of the batter and spread it evenly to make a thin layer, cover and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the base turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Lift the handvo gently using a large flat spoon and turn it over to the other side.
- Cover and cook on a slow flame for another 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Repeat the remaining batter to make 1 more handvo. Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.