Mixed Veg Spicy Rice (kadamba Saadam)
This recipe has been viewed 8055 times
Mixed veg spicy rice (kadamba saadam) is A South Indian rice preparation with a medley of rice, vegetable, coconut and spice powders. A spicy and taste bud tingling pulao recipe, this mixed veg spicy rice is best enjoyed with curd and roasted papad.
- Cook the rice slightly sticky.
- Pressure cook the toor dal and all the vegetables.
- Soak the tamarind and extract the juice.
- Fry daniya, channa dal, red chillies, fenugreek seeds and hing in little oil and make powder of it.
- Bring the tamarind juice to boil and add salt and the powder you have made.
- Lastly add all the cooked vegetables and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Mix this sambar with the rice and add some hot ghee.
- Mixed veg spicy rice is ready to taste!
This recipe was contributed by nirsam on 20 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.