Mixed Dal with Spinach and Kabuli Chana
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 185 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37102 times
Even if it is prepared using the same procedure adopted for individual dals, a mixture of dals always results in a different texture, aroma and flavour resulting from the synergy of the mix. When it is further augmented by kabuli chana and spinach, the experience gets richer. Cabbage and tomatoes give the dal crunch and tang, while a rich paste of cashews, coconut and spices gives the Mixed Dal with Spinach and Kabuli Chana an irresistible taste and texture too.
- Combine the dals, kabuli chana, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage, spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked dal mixture, little salt and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with parathas or rotis.
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.