Misi Roti ( Rotis and Subzis)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 375 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26819 times
A famous rajasthani dish, misi roti is made with a blend of flours and a bouquet of additives like ajwain, coriander leaves and onion, which give out a very appetising aroma when cooked to perfection. Make sure you roll the rotis little thickly and cook them till brown spots appear.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into 125 mm. (5") diameter thick circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 14 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.