This recipe has been viewed 30907 times
This can be used as side dish with plain rice or used as snacks also. it is my favourite snack with besan & green chilli and spices. use only similar size long chillies.
- Mix all ingredients under stuffing 1 and keep aside.
- Mix all ingredients under stuffing 2 after the bajji’s are fried or else they become watery.
- First mix together all ingredients listed under.
- Do not use one whole club soda bottle.
- Mix a little at a time into the dry ingredients .
- The goal is to have a semi thick flowing consistency batter without any lumps. let the batter rest for an hour before using it.
- Wash the peppers and pat dry them using paper towels.
- Now make 4 incisions on one side of each pepper.
- Stuff the peppers using stuffing 1 .
- Distribute the stuffing 1 to fill all the peppers. and keep them aside.
- Once the batter has marinated enough mix it well and test it for salt.
- Now dip one pepper at a time in the batter coat it well and deep fry in oil on medium flame until golden in color.
- When done transfer onto a paper towel and let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Repeat the process with the remaining peppers.
- When the peppers have cooled a little (should each have rested no more than 5 minutes) make 3 incisions on each one of them and stuff them gently with stuffing 2.
- Serve them immediately.
- Slit the chillies,remove seeds and keep them atleast ½hour in salted hot water.
- Meanwhile prepare the stuffing.
- Grind ajwain coarsely,add chickpeaspowder,salt, coconut, lemon juice to a creamy paste.
- Keep aside. prepare basan batter.
- Remove all chillies from water,drain them completely.
- Stuff the above ,masala in every chilli&dip them in besan batter and
- Dip them in besan batter and deep fry them to golden brown.
- Eat warmly with tomato ketchup.yummy..!
This recipe was contributed by JOLU on 20 Jun 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.