Mirch Ka Salan ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9259 times
Explore the inimitable hyderabadi touch in this recipe. A blend of exotic spices and the dominance of chillies, all speak of an era of mughal influence.
- Put the oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and green chillies, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds and curry leaves, mix well and microwave on high for 40 seconds.
- Add the prepared paste and ¼ cup of water, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and prepared peanut-sesame powder, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the tamarind pulp and ¾ cup of water, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the fried capsicum and green chillies, coriander and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once in between after 2½ minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.