Minty Corn and Vegetable Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22072 times
While the mint sauce is the highlight of the dough, the unusual combination of vegetables such as cabbage, potatoes and corn marks the stuffing. Common but effective ingredients such as chillies, lemon juice, coriander and garam masala make the parathas truly irresistible.
- Combine all the ingredients along with the mint sauce in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-stiff dough, using enough water. Cover and keep aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre, fold the edges towards the centre press well to seal it so the stuffing doesn’t spill out.
- Roll out again into 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle with the help of a little plain flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each paratha using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 7 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.