Mint and Masoor Roll ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18669 times
Experience the true meaning of culinary bliss with these amazing wraps stuffed with mint and masoor stuffing and lined with delicious garlic tomato chutney. Who can guess it’s a low-cal creation! what’s more, it is loaded with the goodness of protein from masoor and paneer and fibre from mint, spring onions and carrots.
- Clean, wash and soak the masoor overnight.
- Drain, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles till the masoor is soft and slightly overcooked, but not mashed.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Drain the masoor completely and coarsely mash it with a potato masher.
- Add the mint leaves, ginger-green chilli paste and bread crumbs, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the carrots, coriander, masoor mixture and salt and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and spread 2 tbsp of the garlic tomato chutney evenly over it.
- Arrange ¼ cup of lettuce and ¼th of the mint and masoor filling in a row in the centre of the roti.
- Arrange 1 tbsp of carrots and spread ¼th of the yoghurt dill blend over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.