Mini Pizza Cups
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1176 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65722 times
Missing pizzas in a party menu? Well, worry not, turn your favourite dish into an handy format, which can be served on any occasion as a starter or as a snack .
Muffin moulds are lined with pizza dough and baked with a topping of luscious white sauce based, veggie-packed mixture, pizza sauce, seasonings and of course, cheese – basically, all the usual pizza works! Voila, when you open the oven, you will find scrumptious Mini Pizza Cups waiting to be devoured!
- Combine 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and dry yeast in a small bowl and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-water mixture, olive oil, sugar and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air and divide the dough into 11 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onion and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom, corn and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using some plain flour for rolling.
- Press each rolled portion of the dough into the cavities of a greased muffin tray. Keep aside.
- Divide the filling into 11 equal portions.
- Fill each cavity with a portion of the filling and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Sprinkle a little chilli flakes and mixed herbs evenly over each of the pizza cups and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.