Mini Cabbage Vadas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 258 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 123623 times
The mildly pungent aroma and flavour of cabbage fits very well into vadas. Combined with a dough of soaked urad dal, along with other flavour enhancers, it makes a crispy south Indian treat that will be loved by all. When shaped in a convenient size, the Mini Cabbage Vadas are ideal for serving to kids, or as a starter in a party. Just make sure you make the vadas as soon as you add the salt, lest the cabbage starts letting out water and the dough becomes watery.
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal in a deep bowl in enough water for at least 1 hour. Drain well.
- Combine the urad dal, green chillies, asafoetida and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the batter in a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix very well.
- Wet your hand. Take a portion of the mixture in your hand.
- Make a hole in the centre with your thumb.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, slide and drop the vada in hot oil and deep-fry till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 19 more mini cabbage vadas.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.