Milk Masala Sukhadi
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 17287 times
Wheat, jaggery and ghee creates magic whenever they come together as in sukhadi. A traditional Gujarati sweet...this milk masala makes it richer and gives more depth to its traditionally.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the wheat flour and roast untill golden brown. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- In another pan take 2 tsp ghee, add the jaggery and 2 tbsp water and let the jaggery melt.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Add the milk masala and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a greased thali and flatten the top using base of smooth vati or smooth spatula apply little ghee.
- Cut it into small diamond shapes while still warm so that it is convenient to cut before it gets set.
- Garnish it with milk masala powder while still warm and tap it once again lightly with vati base or spatula so that the garnish sticks to the surface.
- Keep aside to set for 30 minutes.
- Serve fresh with a glass of milk and methi thepla.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 10 Aug 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.