Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21120 times
Milk burfi is an instant sweet dish recipe with the milk curdled by use of lime juice and then the paneer extracted is cooked with sugar, milk powder and blanched nuts. Garnish the flat milk burfi with pista shavings.
- Heat milk and when it comes a boil add lemon juice to curdle it.
- Cool slightly,
- Drain away the whey and tie up the solids in a muslin cloth.
- Hang the cloth for two to three hours so that all the excess water drains away.
- Untie the muslin cloth and knead the paneer well with the milk powder and sugar.
- Blanch almonds and pistachios in one cup of hot water for five minutes. drain, peel and chop them roughly.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan and add the paneer mixture. fry over very low heat, stirring continuously, until the ghee separates.
- Take off the heat and add green cardamom powder. mix well and set aside to cool slightly.
- Knead again to a smooth blend.
- Shape into a flat cake and let it cool completely. sprinkle with chopped pistachios and almonds.
- Cut into squares and decorate with silver foil.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.