Mili Jhuli Paratha ( Know Your Green Leafy Vegetables )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15043 times
Chawli lends itself to an immense variety of dishes, including parathas! serve with pickles, curds and optionally white butter too.
- Combine the flour, salt and ½ tsp of oil together in a bowl and knead into a soft and pliable dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead again using the remaining ½ tsp of oil till it is smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger paste and green chilli paste and sauté on a slow flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the amaranth leaves, spinach and salt, one at a time and sauté for 5-7 minutes on a medium flame.
- Cool and divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle.
- Place one portion of the stuffing mixture in the centre of the circle, bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle, using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Cook on a hot tava (griddle), using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 11 more parathas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.