Milanese Sun-dried Tomato Risotto
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 166 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11892 times
The mention of milan produces immediate thoughts of the wonderful risotto named after the city. Risottos are best made using a special kind of italian rice called “arborio” which is cooked with stock, garlic and a wide variety of other ingredients. The trick to prepare a perfect risotto is slow cooking of rice and judicious stirring. The risotto must be prepared as close to serving time as possible as it is best when freshly prepared.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté for a further 1 minute.
- Add the seasoning cube and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 2 ½ cups of hot water, cover and cook on a slow flame for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Simmer till all the moisture has evaporated and the rice has cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the blanched broccoli , sun-dried tomatoes, cheese, cream, cheese, milk , salt and pepper and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.