Microwave Walnut Barfi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 200 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44457 times
Gone are the days when one had to slave for hours on the hot stove to make a barfi. This walnut barfi is cooked for only 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, milk powder, milk and nutmeg powder and keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together the walnuts and ghee and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once after 1 minute.
- Add the milk mixture, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove and spread in a greased 125 mm. (5") tray and allow to set for 1 hour.
- Cut into diamond shapes and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.