Added to 102 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24493 times
You can spread small amount of batter and see if you can roll it easily, if it sticks and doesn't roll properly cook the batter for more 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Combine the besan, buttermilk, salt and turmeric powder in a microwave safe bowl and whisk well so that no lumps remain.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove, mix well and microwave on high for 3 more minutes.
- Again, remove, mix well and microwave again on high 2 more minutes.
- Spread the cooked batter over a aluminium foil or back of a greased thali to a very thin circle, while its still hot.
- Cool and cut into strips of 3" wide and 9-10" long and roll them neatly.
- Heat the oil in small pan and add the musturd seeds.
- When seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and green chillies and saute for 10 seconds.
- Spread them over the khandvi and garnish with coconut and coriander.
This recipe was contributed by ggob on 27 Apr 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.