Microwave Chocolate Sponge Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 284 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 519468 times
Your child comes home demanding a ‘surprise’ party for her friends – which ends up as a greater surprise for you? Not to worry. A chocolate-based cake is the easiest way to flatter kids, and even adults for that matter. And, with this easy Microwave Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe, it can be prepared in just five minutes. The best part is that the recipe makes use of common ingredients like flour, butter and curds. So, you need not worry about even a last minute shopping expedition. Just make sure you use up the cake immediately as it tends to dry up a little if left for a while – in which case, you can slice it, top it with ice-cream or custard, and a spoonful of fruits or dry fruits, to prepare a grand dessert!
- Combine the curds and baking soda in a bowl and mix gently. Keep aside.
- Sieve the plain flour and cocoa powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat ¼ cup of water in a deep microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute, add the melted butter and sugar and mix well.
- Add the plain flour mixture, curds-baking soda mixture and vanilla essence and mix lightly with a spatula till no lumps remain.
- Spoon the mixture into a 125 mm. (5") diameter greased, microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and allow the cake to stand for approx. 5 minutes.
- Unmould and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.