Mexican Parathas ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24679 times
Mexican parathas, the mild tinge of sweet corn and cheese along with the salsa combination of tomatoes, capsicum and garlic gives these parathas an undeniable mexican character!
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead it into a semi-stiff dough using water as required.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead again using ¼ tsp of oil till smooth and divide it into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little flour for rolling.
- Cook the roti lightly on a tava (griddle) on a medium flame using oil.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make 7 more rotis. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a flat dry surface, place one portion of the stuffing in the centre and spread it evenly.
- Place another roti on top and press it lightly.
- Cook the parathas on a tava (griddle) on a medium flame using a little oil till both sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining rotis and stuffing to make 3 more parathas. Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.