Mexican Green Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 189 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22287 times
Capsicum is a veggie that’s bursting with flavour! Just a few cubes of capsicum added to any dish instantly perks up its aroma and flavour. Naturally, the Mexican Green Sauce made of capsicum is a great addition to any recipe.
However, any ingredient with a strong flavour has to be balanced well to make it appealing to the palate. Milk does that job by aptly toning down the flavour of capsicum, while plain flour helps to thicken the sauce and give it a creamy consistency.
This Mexican sauce has been used in recipes like Corn and Cottage Cheese Crepes , Corn and Cottage Cheese Tacos and Broccoli Crepes with Mexican Green Sauce .
- Combine the capsicum with enough hot water in a deep bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine the capsicum and 2 cups of milk in a mixer and blend to a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute using a whisk.
- Add the capsicum-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously using a whisk.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.