Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6213 times
Be prepared to receive repeated requests for Mexican fingers , a favorite TV snack among families. The bread fingers are enjoyed dipped with cream cheese and hot beans paste as topping. The superb in taste Mexican fingers are also rich in healthful benefits.
- First, put the rajmah into a pressure cooker along with salt, pinch of soda and a dry red chilli.
- After 2 whistles lower the flame and leave it for about 20 minutes. then switch off the gas.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add ajwain seeds and then the garlic paste.
- When it begins to brown, add the whites of the spring onions and saute until transparent. now add the steamed rajmah along with ketchup, red chilli powder, salt and pepper and cook it on a low flame until it dries.
- Then keep it aside.
- Hang the yoghurt in a muslin cloth for about 15 minutes and then beat it.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- When you are ready to serve, cut the bread slices in fingers and then toast them.
- Apply a layer of cream cheese and then top it with heated rajmah.
- Dot with green chilli sauce.
- Garnish with the greens (note instead of cream cheese you can use amul cheese too but this should be grated on the rajmah.)
This recipe was contributed by meenal72 on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.