Mexican Bread Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 545 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70312 times
Well, you would have tasted Mexican food in many forms such as tortillas and quesadillas. Here is a much simpler snack that nevertheless has an unmistakable Mexican touch to it. The Mexican Bread Rolls feature bread, deep-fried with a filling of sweet corn, capsicum and cheese bound with milk and flour, and flavoured with red chilli flakes. Serve fresh and hot, with tomato ketchup, for a succulent snack that everybody will enjoy.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously till no lumps remain or till the sauce is thick.
- Add the corn, capsicum, cheese, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture into another bowl and keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices and roll each slice with help of a rolling pin.
- Place ½ tbsp of the filling in the centre of a bread slice and roll it up tightly.
- Apply some water at the edges and press to seal the stuffing.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 11 more bread rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the bread rolls, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.