Methiche Varan ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15188 times
It is right to be concerned about shedding your pregnancy weight after delivery, but you surely do not have to worry about losing variety or flavour in the foods you have! Methiche Varan is a perfect example. An authentic Maharashtrian dal reverberating with all the flavours that the desi palate yearns for, this low-cal dish is loaded with methi leaves, rich in fibre, folic acid, vitamin A and iron. Replacing sugar with jaggery not only enhances the taste but also reinforces the iron content. This fibre-loaded dish will appease your craving and hunger, while also helping you regain your waist-line.
- Combine the dal, turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of hot water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Whisk the dal well using a hand blender. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked and whisked dal, fenugreek leaves, jaggery, chilli powder, green chilli paste, garlic paste and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
| 107 calories|| 6.3 gm|| 17.4 gm|| 1.3 gm|| 2.7 gm|| 1.0 mg|| 28.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.