Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39382 times
Methi saag is a traditional north indian punjabi vegetable dish with fenugreek greens. The spicy and rich methi saag is best paired with rotis and is a delicious way of sneaking in health on the plate.
- Boil the brinjal cubes in enough water for 5 minutes.
- Add the methi leaves along with little salt, mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove form the flame and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add the tomato slices with little water and becomes a thick paste.
- Add this tomato mixture to the methi mixture and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the soya granules and fry till thye turn crisp.
- Add this to the methi mixture and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chilies, red chilli and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add this to the methi mixture, salt and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by preetisain on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.