Methi Na Dhebra ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 675 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 96843 times
An iron and fibre-rich snack made with fenugreek leaves and bajra flour, methi na dhebra is so scrumptious that the plate will be empty in no time—so, take my advice and make more than you think is needed! served with curds, this makes an ideal afternoon snack. Although this is a tava recipe, i must admit that the deep-fried version tastes even better, so forget the health-watch slogans once in a while and indulge!
- Combine all the ingredients along with 3 tsp of oil in a deep bowl to make a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions. Pat a portion of the dough into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter and 1 cm thick circle in between your palms.
- Place it on a hot tava (griddle). Pat and place 4 more such dhebras on the tava (griddle) at a time.
- Cook these 5 dhebras on a medium flame using ½ tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat the steps 3 and 4 to get 15 more dhebras in 3 more batches.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
- You can also deep-fry these dhebras in hot oil till they turn golden brown in colour on both the sides.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.