Methi Mutter Malai ( Rotis and Subzis)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1286 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 353240 times
Methi and mutter are a super-hit combination as their flavours complement each other well. Add to this a fragrant masala paste, an even more zestful freshly-ground dry masala, tangy tomato pulp and all, and you have an irresistible methi mutter malai on the table.
- Wash the fenugreek leaves, sprinkle ½ tsp of salt and keep aside for 15 minutes. Squeeze out the water and discard it.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the fenugreek leaves and keep aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in the same kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato pulp and dry masala powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas, sautéed fenugreek, milk, sugar, salt, fresh cream and approx. 2 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.