Methi Muthia in Green Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6186 times
Methi muthia is a popular gujarati tea-time snack, which may be steamed on fried. Here, fried muthias are added to mouth-watering coconut milk based gravy, along with fresh green peas, resulting in an irresistible accompaniment for rotis.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and knead into a very soft dough using little water approx. 3 tbsp.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a round dumpling.
- Heat the oil in kadhai and deep-fry, a few muthias at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the paste and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk-cornflour mixture, 1 cup of water and salt and mix well. Bring to boil and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the muthias and mix gently.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.