Methi Makai Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16840 times
Sweet corn kernels heartily coated with a thick gravy, rich in the goodness of methi.
- Combine the onions, milk, cashews and garlic in a deep kadhai, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the onions turn soft. Sprinkle approx. 2 tbsp of water if the milk dries up.
- Cool and blend in a blender to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan, turmeric powder and 3 tbsp of water in a bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves, coriander powder and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the corn, onions paste, curd-besan paste, green chilli paste, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.