by Tarla Dalal
Added to 233 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20382 times
Delicious saffron and cardamom flavoured sweet rice.
- Wash the rice and soak in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- In a glass bowl, combine the ghee, rice, cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add the saffron , 2 1/2 cups of water and mix well. Microwave on HIGH for 18 minutes, stirring thrice in between after every 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and mix well. Microwave on HIGH for a further 2 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Serve hot, garnished with almonds and pistachios.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.