Matki Pulao ( Cooking with Sprouts )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22744 times
An evergreen favourite, a book on sprouts can never be complete without matki pulao! ensure that the matki is cooked just right and not mushy.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cloves and asafoetida and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies, ginger, capsicum and spring onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and matki and mix well.
- Add ¼ cup of water and salt and simmer over a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the rice, toss well and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with tomatoes and coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.