by Palak Rajput
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12338 times
Matki kachori stuffed with moth beans. Moth beans / matki are soaked and cooked before spicing them up with couple of spices, than it is stuffed in plain flour and deep fried till golden brown. Best served with tamarind chutney.
- Combine the plain flour, salt and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add around 3/4th cup of lukewarm water and knead it into a soft pliable dough.
- Leave the dough covered with a damp cloth for around 20 – 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough in to 12 equal portions. Andkeep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the urad dal, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the potatoes, ginger-green chillie paste and sprinkle 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cover and cook till the potatoes are soft.
- Add the matki, lemon juice, chaat masala, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander, mint, sugar and salt, mix well and saute for few minutes.
- Cool the stuffing mixture to room temperature.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion into 3 – 4 inch diameter puri.
- Place a portion of stuffing on the rolled out puri.
- Carefully pull the ends of the rolled puri together to form it into a ball.
- Slightly press the stuffed dough ball into thick disk of around 3 inch diameter and keep aside.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough and the stuffing.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and slowly drop around 3 – 5 kachori till they turn golden brown and crisp from both the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with the chutney of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 05 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.