Masoor Dal with Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 244 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28345 times
The protein contained in rice and dal complement each other to give a higher quality protein which is the corner stone of our nutritious meal. Be sure not to rinse the rice more than required to remove the dirt since excess washing will result in loss of vitamins.
- Combine the dal and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the cooked dal, cauliflower, carrots, turmeric powder and salt and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and coriander and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with brown rice.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
| 90 kcal|| 4.6 gm|| 11.8 gm|| 2.7 gm|| 1.6 mg|| 275.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.