Masoor Dal Makhani
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30078 times
An easy and delicious recipe!
- Combine the dal in a deep non-stick pan with 4 cups of water, turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix well and cover and cook till the dal becomes soft.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook for more 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ginger, garlic and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and add the paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add this tempering to the dal and mix well.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves,red chilli and bay leaf with a pinch of asfoetida and garan masala powder.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn brown in colour.
- Pour this tempering to the dal and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by lekhavinod on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.