by Tarla Dalal
Added to 155 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 125925 times
Some veggies are very healthy but you are at a loss of ideas to include them more often in your diet. Turai is a typical example. Although rich in nutrients, it is rarely focused on because of its mushiness and lack of intrinsic flavour. Here is a recipe that can change the scenario. Perked up with peppy tomato pulp and a variety of spice powders, Masalewali Turai is a quick and easy subzi that will top the culinary charts at home!
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, ginger, green chillies and 1 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the tomato pulp and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and dried mango powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the ridge gourd and salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes or till the ridge gourd is cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 59 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.3 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 7.0 gm|
|Fat|| 2.8 gm|
|Vitamin C|| 31.9 mg|
|Folic acid|| 29.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.