Masala Wheat Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19123 times
Whole wheat dosas with a stuffing of green peas and paneer make an appetizing snack replete with beneficial nutrients like fibre and iron. Fibre binds glucose making it slowly available to the body and preventing a quick rise in blood glucose levels. For an authentic south indian experience serve with healthy coconut chutney.
- Whisk the wheat and rice flour with enough water to make a smooth batter. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and green chillies and pour it over the dosa batter. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the fruit salt on it and then a few drops of water on the fruit salt.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently. Keep aside.
- Add the salt and the fruit salt to the dosa batter and sprinkle a few drops of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with oil.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the batter to form a dosa of 100 mm (4") diameter.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown using a little oil.
- Place 1 portion of the stuffing on it and fold it to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining dosa batter and stuffing to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve hot with healthy coconut chutney.
Nutrient values per dosa
| 121 kcal|| 5.3 gm|| 16.5 gm|| 4.0 gm|| 363.3 mcg|| 1.1 mg|| 1.0 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.