by Tarla Dalal
Added to 174 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20237 times
A tasty snack made with readily available ingredients, Masala Tikadia is rich with the flavour of jeera. Soft, chewy and crisp at the same time, these are sure to entertain your palate with their simple flavours and fresh texture. Just make sure you serve the Masala Tikadia immediately after cooking them, to ensure the best texture and maximum flavour.
- Combine the whole wheat flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Brush it with a little ghee, sprinkle ¼ tsp of crushed cumin seeds and ¼ tsp of chilli powder evenly over it.
- Roll it up tightly and make a small round like a coil and press it lightly by hand.
- Roll out again into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the tikadia, using a little ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 4 more tikadias.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.