Masala Pav ( Chaat Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 409 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69895 times
Masala pav is a spicy blend of tomato onion gravy cooked and stuffed inside butter laden pavs. Every pav bhaji vendor serves his own version of Masala Pav so that each one tastes different but equally delicious. Very often the pav bhaji gravy is tossed with pieces of pav and served with a slice of lemon. It is a spicy way to serve bread. Quick and easy!
- Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the onion and capsicum till the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, turmeric powder and chilli powder and sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the black salt, pav bhaji masala, and salt and mix well.
- Keep aside.
- Slice each pav into half horizontally. Heat the butter on a tava (griddle) and grill the pav on both sides till crisp.
- Add the cooked masala and coat the pav in it.
- Serve hot, garnished with the coriander and lemon wedges.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.