by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38919 times
Spicy sesame and whole wheat khakhras. I usually make a large batch of these and store them in an air-tight container for those hungry times. They will stay well for several days.
You can enjoy them with a hot cup of tea and a spicy pickle of your choice. Omit all the masalas to make plain (or "sada") khakhras . These khakhras can be cooked using ghee or dry roasted to make fat-free or low calorie khakras.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, sesame seeds , turmeric powder, chilli powder, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 150 mm. (6") diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place a roti on it and cook on both sides for a few seconds and cook on a slow flame until crisp using little pressure with help of a muslin cloth or with a khakhra press.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 5 more khakhras.
- Allow them to cool completely, store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||17.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.