Added to 685 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 126468 times
Dal is healthy, plain or spicy. But, this is one excellent dal you just cannot resist! comprising of four key varieties of pulses, cooked with onions and tomatoes, and perked up with a range of carefully chosen spices, masala dal is just the thing to have with hot rice and rotis.
- Wash all the dals together, salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked dal and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice or parathas.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||190.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||41.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.