Masala Cheese Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 714 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84843 times
Whole wheat bread topped with a jhat-phat combination of vitamin rich veggies and calcium rich cheese, the Masala Cheese Toast will turn out to be a perfect start to a perfect morning, or a welcome break any time during the day. The mashed potatoes make sure the ingredients stay together while also ensuring a soft bite. Bake the toast just right and serve hot.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the mixed vegetables, potatoes, green chillies, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Toast the bread slices in a pop-up toaster till they are slightly crisp.
- Place the toasted bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the topping on each toasted bread slice.
- Top each bread with a tsp of cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per toast
|Energy|| 92 calories|
|Protein|| 2.8 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 12.2 gm|
|Fat|| 3.6 gm|
|Calcium|| 34.9 mg|
|Vitamin A|| 152.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.