Masala Chawli ( Know Your Dals and Pulses )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44392 times
An innovative recipe of chawli or lobhia beans served in a gravy that is flavoured with tomatoes, mint and kasuri methi.
- Clean, wash and soak the chawli in enough water for at least 2 hours.
- Drain, add 1¼ cups of water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or till they are cooked. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomato pulp , dried fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder and salt and cook over a slow flame till the oil has separate from the gravy.
- Add the cooked chawli and ½ cup of water and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.