Marinated Paneer and Capsicum Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 107 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29540 times
Marinating paneer always makes it more appealing because it imbibes a wide spectrum of flavours. This semi-dry subzi prepared with marinated paneer and capsicum is rich with the aroma of cumin and carom seeds, further energized by the addition of tangy fresh tomato pulp. Enjoy the Marinated Paneer and Capsicum Subzi fresh and hot, with whole wheat parathas, not only for the heavenly culinary experience it offers but also for a boost of nutrients, especially vitamins A and C and fibre that come from capsicum and tomatoes, and the calcium and protein from low-fat paneer.
- Combine the paneer, dried fenugreek leaves, chilli powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala and salt in a deep bowl, mix gently and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), add the marinated paneer, toss gently and cook on a on medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the cumin seeds and carom seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic paste and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and coriander powder and sauté on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the marinated paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with a sprig of coriander.
Nutrient values Per serving
|Energy|| 110 kcal|
|Protein|| 7.2 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 13.3 gm|
|Fat|| 2.6 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.2 gm|
|Calcium|| 290.2 mg|
|Vitamin A|| 884.6 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 44.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.